Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more on teletherapy and how we can help.
Teletherapy is more commonly called online therapy. This refers to the use of modern telecommunication tools to enhance learning. It is the professional delivery of speech and occupational therapy services via a web-based platform. Our HIPPA compliant, interactive therapy platform includes built-in educational applications, online resources and videos, live documentation, whiteboard, and screen sharing. Additionally, users have their own personal dashboard where sessions, notes, and resources can easily be shared.
Teletherapy has been advocated by the US Department of Health and Human Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), and the Mayo Clinic and has been endorsed by the American Psychological Association, The National Association of Social Workers, The American Counseling Association, HRSA, and more. Several studies have justified the use of teletherapy. Additionally, there is a shortage of qualified professionals nationwide. Teletherapy allows for quality therapy services without constraints such as time, schedule, or travel.
While almost anyone can be a candidate for teletherapy, Connect Teletherapy specifically works with children 3-21 years old. We recommend your child or student is able to attend to a computer activity for at least 15 minutes in order to ensure attention to online activities.
Yes! We are currently accepting Blue Shield of CA and Optum.
To get started, clients must have access to a computer and internet. We also recommend headphones if the background setting may be noisy. We do not recommend use of cell phones due to positioning and posture needed for a successful learning environment.
- To get started, reach out to us to schedule your first call or demo.
- Decide if services are implemented from an IEP or a full evaluation or screening will be performed to determine services (goals and number of sessions per week).
- Connect with your therapist and agree on times/days of therapy sessions.
- Receive your child/students individual login/dashboard to access schedule, sessions, resources, and notes.
- Click "Start Session" and we take it from there.
- Evaluation: A complete assessment is perform in the area of concern (either speech or occupational), a report is written on results, and goals/services are recommended. We then present this report to team/parents and decide as a team goals that will be addressed.
- Screening- We listen to parent/team concerns regarding child's development in the area of speech and/or occupational therapy and screen these skills in the first session. We then discuss with parents/team on appropriate goals and services based on this information.
If we are not implementing a related service of an IEP, we recommend 30 minute sessions. The number of sessions is up to the family to decide sessions can be multiple times per week, weekly, or monthly for maintenance.
We use a variety of strategies and resources to implement successful therapy sessions.
- First, we get to know our clients, their interests, and motivation.
- Second, we use their interests during therapy activities or as reinforcement for completing therapy activities.
- Third, we keep sessions positive. Our therapists offer positive energy and reinforcement to ensure each student's therapy time is a positive experience.
- Fourth, we build mindfulness and independence during sessions. We teach clients who need this step how to take their time, breathe, and trust themselves.
- In addition, our therapy platform has over 25 different learning applications. We also use screen share to access outside learning activities and websites. Moreover, we are able to upload resources and use an interactive whiteboard.
- Finally, we combine all of these points to create a successful and interactive therapy experience.